On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 07/08/2012 01:04 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Ross Gardler<rgard...@opendirective.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems we missed a bit of process...
>>>
>>>  From a mobile device - forgive errors and terseness

>>> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
>>> 2009-05-13  socialsite
>>> 2010-05-19  amber
>>> 2010-09-05  nuvem
>>> 2010-11-12  kitty
>>> 2010-11-24  stanbol
>>> 2011-06-13  openofficeorg
>>>
>>> Said checklist item is:
>>>
>>>    "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
>>> been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
>>> package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project. "
>>>
>>> How long do we host software without explicitly stating we have these
>>> rights?
>>>
>>> Personally I think 1 year is more than enough, even for OpenOffice.
>>>

>> Our practice has been to not check in code until after an SGA has been
>> received, e.g., the main OOo contribution from Oracle, the Symphony
>> contribution from IBM and the UOF 2.0 contribution from CS2C.
>>
>> So I assume we just need to fill in a date here in the "copyright"
>> section:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html
>>
>> But what date?  The first SGA?  The most recent SGA?  This is an
>> ongoing effort, for any living project that gets ongoing contributions
>> of existing corporate code.  I expect it will continue as a TLP as
>> well.
>

> When we put in the first and the most recent date, maybe someone from the
> Apache officials can tell which is *the* date. Otherwise we hit it anyway.

I've updated the page using the date of the 2nd SGA from Oracle:
2011-10-21.   That was the basis for our 3.4 release.

I like the idea of listing all of the SGA's, but this page is
processed to produce some roll-up reports, and I don't know if the
automation will choke if we get too fancy with the inputs.  So I'm
listing only that one date for now.

-Rob