On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>wrote:

> It has been noticed by a forum user that the download link to Java points
> to the 1.7 version (Get the most recent Java (JRE):
> http://java.com/en/download/**manual.jsp<http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp>).
> We should point to a 1.6 version to avoid problems with Java 1.7 and AOO:
> http://java.com/en/download/**manual_v6.jsp<http://java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp>
>
> Link is in the Documentation section, right of the page:
> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/index.html<http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html>
>
> Hagar

ummm...two things on this...

-- there was quite a long discussion on Java 7 that started in Jan. and
ultimately resulted in this post  on June 19 from Ariel re Java 7 stating
that using java 7 didn't seem to cause issues

http://markmail.org/thread/l2vhaqn7d6xvbfi3

-- I might caution against having users download java 6, assuming they have
no java 7, due to security concerns and possibly other inconsistencies with
whatever OS they are using.

Bottom line -- I'm not sure we should change the java download to version 6
over 7.  Maybe others feel there is a compelling reason for this downgrade,
I don't know.

as an FYI -- I have java 7 installed and no problems so far.
MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb