Hi,

On 09.08.2012 22:23, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
On 07.08.2012 23:44, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
I created a page with this content at
http://www.openoffice.org/legacy/thankyou.html
May be we can use it also for our update service. It could be the
landing page for users of legacy OOo versions for whose language we do
not have a released package.

For those cases it would be better to wait until 3.4.1 is out, then provide, for
unsupported languages, some "beta/RC" builds or langpacks based on the same SVN
revision and the SDF files we have now and create a page saying something like
"your language is not officially supported, but you can help us [links to
unofficial builds and instructions]". But this is just an idea that we can
discuss after 3.4.1 is released.

Yes, I would definitely wait until AOO 3.4.1 is out.

Having unofficial language packs for our unsupported languages would be a good idea, esp. to attract some new volunteers for translations.

I will keep your's and Rob's idea in mind for my planned future work on the update service.

Best regards, Oliver.