On 08/16/2012 12:57 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 08/16/2012 06:34 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
I think it might be a good idea to include a link to build information on
the download page.

We could probably put this right under the heading for the source
section...

http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk

Given the recent discussion on the [VOTE] thread for 3.4.1, it would be
great if we could get the build instructions better integrated in *one*
place and we can add this link to the source download section.

Comments? Volunteers?

Good idea. We just need to decide which webpage to link to.

I've seen in another thread that Dave had some problems to build AOO. It
seems we have (at least) 2 webpages that describe how to build on your
own. So ...

Marcus

Right, so here is a question/idea.

Andre pointed Dave to this wiki page --

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

we also have a bunch of build flags for each environment listed on:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1

Should we either 1) incorporate the build flags on Building_Guide_AOO page

or 2) link to them from the Building_Guide_AOO page

Also, I will change the link on the source page in the project site to go to Building_Guide_AOO instead of the one that is there now.

Rob placed a message on the old Building Guide page, but perhaps it will be overlooked.

Long story short, why don't we plan on putting a link to
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

at the top of source section in other.html and deal with build flags separately...

MzK

"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think."
                                   -- Niels Bohr