There is some difference between the way ASF sees "community" compared
to the former structures of the OOo community. ASF sees much of what
the old OOo called the community as the "ecosystem". As a specific
proposal I think we need at least one ppmc/pmc member with the role of
linking to wider community or ecosystem projects and I'd nominate
Louis for that role because he has the most experience. I'm willing to
assist if he accepts that role and thinks I could be useful. It could
be that additional roles develop in marketing, distribution etc within
the pmc but that does not have to be decided at this stage. Such roles
could be developed outside ASF but with a formal link to the pmc to
support communications.

This is just a suggestion to get things rolling and comes from the
discussion on private. I don't think this is a "private" issue so if
the discussion has merit it ought to take place on a public list.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.