On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> As we perform the final preparations to release Apache OpenOffice
>>> 3.4.1 it is a good time to look ahead to the future.  A big
>>> opportunity is OpenOffice 4.0.  That once seemed so very far away, but
>>> 2013 is getting closer every day.   Will it be a large collection of
>>> small ideas?  Will it have a major overarching theme?  Or will it just
>>> be whatever random stuff we happen to have on a given date when we
>>> release 4.0?   The answer, of course, depends on what we, as project
>>> members/volunteers decide to do.   It is a good time now, as a
>>> background activity, to poll the community and wider ecosystem on
>>> ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.
>>>
>>> To participate, go to this page on Google Moderator, where you can
>>> help us gather and rate ideas:
>>> https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=2011d5
>>>
>>> A few project members have already "seeded" this with some initial
>>> ideas. Of course, you are encouraged to add your own ideas, as well as
>>> rate the ideas of others.   Try not to censor yourself from thinking
>>> outside-of-the-box.  We need big ideas as well as incremental ones.
>>>
>>> We don't have a close date on this brainstorming activity, but it is
>>> good to get your ideas in early, so there is an opportunity for others
>>> to rate and comment on it.
>>>

>> This brainstorming has been ongoing for 3 weeks now.  So far, so good.
>>  The latest stats are:
>>
>> 533 people have submitted 456 ideas and cast 6,491 votes
>>

> Today, a week later:  633 users - 527 ideas - 7,607 votes

And two days later, with no additional promotion other than placing a
link on the home page, and we're at:

===> 807 people have submitted 652 ideas and cast 9,358 votes

So we're still getting a good amount of visits and even new ideas.  I
encourage everyone to review the new ideas as they come in.  Ideas are
important, of course, but the collective rating of ideas is the key.

As planned, I'll start to wrap this up on October 1st, next Tuesday.

-Rob