On 10/29/2012 2:22 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
Hello Rob, *,

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]

I think the challenge is to change the thinking that says a project
can only be successful if it raises money.

Yes, you're right.
But success is measured, in my opinion, in the dissemination of AOO, for
private users *but also* for use in companies.

In my experience this purpose, the work on the ground is essential. AOO must be
present to the public and decision makers in companies already have AOO be seen
as a real alternative to MS Office.
This calls for talks as a relevant framework in Germany at Chamber of Commerce
Events.

I personally have several months ago on the phone with a German IBM manager and
to illustrate the relevance of such things.
What concerns me is not about money (or primarily to money), but about
collaboration in the communitybecause IBM, I and the German community are parts
of the international community.

I have also read the demands of IBM, on XING, to create a partner network, and
I think that's a good idea, but unfortunately I put demand on the fixed nothing
concrete happens.

Collaboration in the community is not a question of money but of doing and at
the same time, this cooperation also key to the success of service providers,
e.g. such under which:
http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
are listed.

Currently I am professionally e.g. in negotiations for a major consulting
company, which either LO or AOO want to use (instead of MS Office) on hundreds
or thousands of workplaces, but these companies want to see visible presence of
AOO.
  Such companies want from me, as an expert, impartial advice and not the
reference to other companies.

  For Germany, I would wish for the future practical cooperation of consultants
like me, medium-sized businesses, large companies, such as IBM, and the
community, for mutual success.

  I'm ready for this for a long time, and as many of the German community, but
we must finally start real actions.

  LibreOffice is everywhere in Germany, but where are we? Where AOO is really
visible in Germany?

Besides exhibitions (e.g. CeBIT or as the "LinuxTag" in Berlin), were "IHK
meetings" an important opportunity. In the next year it will be an event of FroDeV commercial
users give (http://www.frodev.org/konferenz), I'm sure that LibreOffice will be there, but also
Apache OpenOffice?

Good points Jörg, I hope you'll be at the BoF session at the ApacheCon EU in Sinsheim to plead for them.

Peter