From: P.O. Jonsson [mailto:oor...@jonases.se]
Sent: 14 July 2021 14:50
To: Open Object Rexx Developer Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Oorexx-devel] ooRexx on Windows 8

This is getting off topic (ooRexx on Windows versions) but briefly:

Like most people I liked Windows 7 for is useful GUI and hated W8 for the
opposite reason. W10 brought some usefulness back but I always add Classic
Shell to it to make it more like W7. Hint for Mike.

W10 is IMO really stable by now and I have it running for weeks without
getting messed up. Compared to W7 where I had to reboot daily it is an
improvement. Also it is not getting gobbled up with garbage so I do not have
to reinstall it every year as I had to do with W7.

I had a Windows 8 copy standing unused in its box (like most W8 copies :-) )
so I thought I could put it to use for ooRexx. I am having some problems
running the test framework, unclear why. See Ticket 1774 for details. It
might be related to the fact that I am using a newer Visual Studio version
than the official W10 Jenkins build machine.

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se

Am 14.07.2021 um 15:07 schrieb Jeremy Nicoll