Greetings again ooRexx'ers,

Also on the topic of reminding what needs completing to release ooRexx v5.0...

Terry Fuller wrote:
Is there a list somewhere of showstoppers which are preventing 5.0 from going
GA?

If so, can someone point me to it?

If not, can I serve as a clearinghouse for reports of showstoppers?

A contribution of a function add to RexxUtil has gotten derailed...

[feature-requests:#687] https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/feature-requests/687/
Add GetCRC32 Rexx DLL call to ooRexx

I have been periodically trying to contact Simon Husin, whom I collaborated with to develop the function to have him comment to Source Forge his contribution. No further reply from him. He did send me the permission / release... FWIW. It has been now four months since I last inquired... so trying again.

Is the ooRexx team indeed waiting for him to post the release to the official
feature request, or are there even more hurdles to pass in order to contribute
the function code?

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

-Simon Husin in Nashville, Tennessee

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 7:53 PM Michael Lueck <donotre...@wordpress.com>
wrote:

> *Name:* Michael Lueck
>
> *Email:* mlu...@lueckdatasystems.com
>
> *Website:*
>
> *Comment:* Greetings Simon,
>
> You have a nice new website since I searched for you a year ago.
>
> I would like to see your valuable work in RexxG* libraries continue to be
> available so that more people might benefit from the very useful CRC32
> function. I tried contributing the source code you provided to me. RexxLA
> will not check it into ooRexx without your permission.
>
> Please see:
>
> [feature-requests:#687]
> https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/feature-requests/687/ Add GetCRC32 Rexx
> DLL call to ooRexx
>
> Could you kindly allow permission to transition the one CRC32 call into
> ooRexx?
>
> They would also take care of porting it to 64-bit platforms... where the
> current libraries are unable to go.
>
> I am thankful,
>
> --
> Michael Lueck
> Lueck Data Systems
> http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/

> Time: October 30, 2020 at 7:53 pm
> IP Address: 97.83.19.97
> Contact Form URL: https://whitesandsgreenwaters.com/contact/
>
> Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Yes, go ahead.