O , 2012-05-29 13:48 -0700, Craig James rakstīja:
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM, My Th <rei4...@gmail.com> wrote:
>         > I don't know why my results are different than the build
>         platform, but
>         > I'm virtually certain that the test failures are not due to
>         an error
>         > or misconfiguration on my part.
>
>         I made a fresh checkout just now and it works for me on
>         Gentoo. This is
>         what I did:
>         $ svn co
>         https://openbabel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openbabel
>         test-svn
>         $ cd test-svn
>         $ svn co -r4758
>         $ cd ..
>         $ mkdir build_test-svn
>         $ cd build_test-svn
>         $ ccmake ../test-svn/openbabel/trunk/
>         $ make -j4
>         $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib/ BABEL_LIBDIR=./lib/
>         BABEL_DATADIR=../test-svn/openbabel/trunk/data/ make test
>
>         Note, that I have to set paths (and they have to be absolute,
>         here
>         listed relative for briefness) for running tests otherwise it
>         picks up
>         my system installation and tautomer test segfaults because of
>         ABI break.
>
> Stranger and stranger .... It works when I run it from the build
> directory (as you suggest).  But, now things get weird:
>
>    - clean out the install directory ("rm -rf
> $HOME/openbabel-2.3.x/*")
>    - verify that it's empty
>    - "make install"
>    - verify that it's installed in $HOME/openbabel-2.3.x
>    - export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/openbabel-2.3.x/lib
>
> Then it segfaults:
>
> $ bin/test_automorphism
> testAutomorphisms
> 8
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 1
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 2
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 3
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 4
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 5
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 6
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 7
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 8
> Hao, Xu paper, fig. 2: structure 9
> Segmentation fault

Try to look at the output of ldd bin/test_automorphism and see to which
libraries it links (both versions - installed and the one in build dir).

> The odd thing is that if I try to checksum the installed libraries,
> the checksums on the libraries it installs don't match the ones in the
> build directory.  Does the cmake(1) system alter the shared objects as
> it installs them?

My guess is that on installation cmake rewrites rpath (with
CMAKE_SKIP_INSTALL_RPATH=OFF), so you should run test from
$HOME/openbabel-2.3.x/bin if you are setting library path to
$HOME/openbabel-2.3.x/lib, or run the one from build dir if you are
setting path to lib in your build directory. There are some rpath
related options in ccmake configuration menu under advanced (t). I think
the easiest is just to run tests from build directory without
installation.

> I'd sure appreciate any ideas anyone has on this -- I've spent days
> tracking this down, and it has nothing to do with what I'm trying to
> get done.

I hope this helps to get forward.

Reinis