Thanks again for the feedback!!!

Just for the record. The backing up of the whole files took on Fedora 18
using LUKS (encryption):

[pau@localhost 500GB]$ time \cp -pr bin fitx_confg andromina correu ejcaip
grafia lib smbin baconaes Documents escriptori include temporal kdenlive
musica treball /home/pau/
real    106m48.828s
user    0m8.427s
sys    8m28.319s

I.e. some 1.7 hours instead of the14 hours it took with OpenBSD... :( :(

I will keep a partition with obsd on it and "train" with it to follow
-current

Then I will come back!

Thanks again to all of you.

Pau