> But Ivan, no one forks opencog; almost all extensions are placed back
into the core code base.

I'm aware of that. If someone forks the entire project, it would have been
called some other name. I was referring to an imaginary system where the
whole project would be a set of modules that work together, connected by
well known set of interfaces. Each module could be modified or* forked out*
in parallel with the original. It would be up to a user, which sub-forks
she/he would choose to use to run the project, or to base her/his
contribution on. Probably there would be a need for combination
maintainers, something like persons that would choose different flavors of
the project, and would propose their "deejay-combo" to the public,
optimized for this or that use. Sub-fork combinations of low quality would
be avoided, while really useful ones would live on. Just a bit of
brainstorming in a direction of decentralization. The goal is to have
industry-strength project abilities with liberal multi-user maintaining
policy. It is on my long-term to-do list, but I could share my thoughts
with someone who wants to implement it sooner.

Thank you all for your patience :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAB5%3Dj6X_KLTw1t1HaX1YK4TDPuvGNScUaN%3DVE0ncvKcQNJZufw%40mail.gmail.com.