On 10/04/2017 11:02 AM, Linas Vepstas wrote> And can implement algorithms in the graph database-agnostic way and
    use all the industrial power of the best database available.
    Scientists do use commercial off-the-shelf computers for HPC, why
    not to use industrial software? And similar things we can say about
    use of external reasoners (linear logic, Coq, Isabelle, etc.).

If you can attach coq to tinkerpop and make it work ... sure. But you would probably have to completely rewrite both coq and gremlin in order to do this. And that is a huge amount of work.

I never tried Coq or Isabelle, but the provers I've tried (E and Vampire) were using resolution https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolution_(logic), which doesn't work for a para-consistent logic like PLN, at least not out-of-the-box. On top of that PLN is probabilistic (or even meta-probabilistic we could say). These make it difficult or at best unnatural to use traditional automatic theorem provers. Maybe there's an easy way, or a more general framework that I missed, but that was my impression when I studied the domain.

Nil

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/a261e2b5-7d6e-74f9-fe87-cd83304adb2a%40gmail.com.