I will respond in a single mail to all the topics you raised in the other
emails.

a) thanks for the kind words, even if I could implement tinkerpop4 in c++
and all the requirements listed in the README, I would not do it, because I
am sure the future is not c++ (nor Java).

b) from my opinionated point of view, atomspace is not the kind of database
I want to work with to develop an intelligent system that should handle the
mixed workload of both analytics and user-facing features. The requirements
to load everything into ram is a no-go for me. What do you do when there is
no more RAM? I mean you can have 12TB or 100TB maybe but you can not store
commoncrawl <http://commoncrawl.org/>.

c) Like I said previously, I think what you need is foundationdb
<http://foundationdb.org/>

d) tinkerpop4 was surprising because they mention several times RDF which
is the formalism I chose to work with.

e) I think it's not a good idea to mix ACL with data, you end up with a
very confusing machinery and ACL is a very complex topic. No modern
database embed ACL machinery and leave that to upper layers.

f) triple store for the win

g) gremlin is what inspired my work, I will look into tinkerpop4 closely
even if I don't buy the compiler thing, yet. Basically, I don't believe the
gremlin runtime/compiler can automagically guess what indices to use before
knowing about the queries. Just take a simple TF-IDF or BM25 full-text
search, every time you change the formula you need to update the indices.
This is not feasible to know upfront all the indices you will need, that is
why I recommend a flexible storage engine like foundationdb. Where you can
build a triple store (and graph or hypergraph) and go to the lower level
key-value storage to speed up specific queries. Even if, you index all the
things, like I do and like RDF data store do, you need at some point a
clever trick to handle sorted range scan (everything between 42 and 1337 in
order) or more complex queries like geospatial search or 2d + time. Also,
AFAIK, there is no way to index segments (to answer queries like segment
overlap with segment e.g. "give all events that happened between 2017 and
2018) in a key-value store without relying on an out-of-key-value-store
data structure which means it breaks transactions semantic and you end up
with some part of the data that is eventually consistent... Maybe
PostgreSQL can help in this regard.

h) gremlin gives false hope (at least from my readings) that will handle
all the graph algorithms you need. You can not implement an optimal A*
algorithm or shortest path only in gremlin and even if you could the
gremlin engine AFAIK can not stream results. Gremlin is mostly for
neighborhood search. For deep traversal that must be guided, you must issue
several (gremlin) small queries ie. there is no point of a gremlin compiler.

i) being able to stream results is very important because in a real-world
scenario, where the computation of a solution might take an infinite amount
of time. It must be possible for the user to ask for partial results and
input new data to narrow the currently occurring search maybe that's what
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beam_search is. Interactive / conversational
(re)search.

j) https://github.com/graphaware/neo4j-nlp that can be of interest.

k) again regarding, gremlin, do they plan to handle bigger than RAM
results? I am not aware of such work. AFAIK the result must be able to stay
in RAM.

All the best!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAL7_Mo9V0mt3jX1q6tuv7zL_Kc8TgaN5myt62UDCMDH_B5KZMw%40mail.gmail.com.