On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 12:41:36 AM UTC+1, Amirouche Boubekki
wrote:

> I will respond in a single mail to all the topics you raised in the other
> emails.
>
> a) thanks for the kind words, even if I could implement tinkerpop4 in c++
> and all the requirements listed in the README, I would not do it, because I
> am sure the future is not c++ (nor Java).
>

> c) Like I said previously, I think what you need is foundationdb
> <http://foundationdb.org/>

I just want to ponder a bit my thinking, because since then I tried to
actual load
some data into foundationdb. I both key max size and value max size. There
is
some cookbook recipe for handling that case:
https://apple.github.io/foundationdb/blob-java.html
but in my case it is an extra indirection and I don't need that petabytes
scale, yet.

Also look at the *known* limitations
https://apple.github.io/foundationdb/known-limitations.html

To be fair, there is a new storage engine that is in the work, that should
remove some
of those limitations, but not ETA yet.

I will continue to experiment with WiredTiger. Even if I also hit some
limits related to the fact that
I try to store many small bytes 20 000 keys of 150 bytes which leads the
database engine to
deadlock during the transaction.

I tried the same workload on leveldb using hoply
<https://github.com/amirouche/hoply/> it loads 14G without crashing. But
LevelDB
does not support transactions. I know, I know that transactions are not
required all the time
but I prefer to be ready for the case where it is required. Another
solution is to use rocksdb
which is a fork of leveldb with support for transactions.

All the best,

Amirouche ~ amz3

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/19a45581-3fec-4a90-955e-8e3fd469c23a%40googlegroups.com.