On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:10:29AM +0100, Stef Verlinden wrote:

> In the Dutch archetype for 'medication' I'm trying to make, I would  
> like to attach several terminologies to the same medicine. In the  
> Netherlands we use the G-standard which comprises of many sub  
> terminologies. For instance there is a different code for generic and  
> for 'named' drugs, which seem to be specific for the Netherlands.  
> Furthermore each drug combination (drug, dose, delivery form and  
> producer) has an unique code. To make it even more complex, this code  
> was first specific for the Netherlands (RVG code) alone and then  
> harmonized for the EU (EU code). Older drugs only have a RVG code.   
> Then this medicine can also be related to the ATC code......  To make  
> a long story short, I would like to be able to attach all these  
> terminologies to the same medicine.
This sounds a bit like you might be mixing levels of what a
medication IS. The per-brand, RVG, and EU codes refer to a
branded and marketed drug as bought in a pharmacy. ATC codes
refer to classes and acting substances (and a few
combinations thereof). Although it is more work it may be
necessary to make archetypes for "active substances" which
then get aggregated into "generic" and "branded" drugs
archetypes. A "prescribed medication" may need to be yet
another higher level as there can also be custom-made
formulations. This isn't thought out well I admit. I just
want to point you in a direction that you might need to take
into account.

Karsten
-- 
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346
_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
openEHR-clinical at openehr.org
http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical



Reply via email to