Hi all,
I agree with Gustavo's view and I'm also very thankful for all the work done by
Heather and Ian, without it we "techies" couldn't create any software at all,
being that commercial or in my case open source + software used for openEHR
training.
For me the biggest concern, besides the limited publishing capabilities or non
editors, is that the CKM is made over proprietary software, that doesn't allow
us to create our own instances of the CKM for free, and share archetypes in a
distributed / versioned way, like GitHub does.
For me, as an openEHR trainer that's a major blocker, I can't publish
archetypes so my students can play with them, translate them, improve them,
etc. And I played a lot of times with the idea of creating a simplified open
source clone of the CKM, can't make this idea true because I don't have the
resources/time to do it, but at the same time hoping that the current CKM
evolves in that way, but there are still core parts of it that are proprietary.
I know we talked about this lots of times, and we don't move forward other
direction because the lack of resources, and what we can do is just be in a
"use what we have in the best possible way" mode.
I believe if we reach a truly distributed and open CKM the editors will be more
and more each day. That is happening every day with thousands of projects on
GitHub.
Just wanted to add also the technical side of some of the current problems.

--
Kind regards,
Eng. Pablo Pazos Guti?rrez