Dear Gerard,

Thanks for your response. Your point of a composition being designed to
record a complete encounter is worth another discussion.

I personally feel that it is one way of implementing your CDR, but there
could be other equally effective approaches that work better in other
situations. For example in the CDR service component of our platform
(EHR.Network), we have gone with generic reusable templates such as
complaints, diagnosis, medication summary, medication order etc. The
application can compose the complete schema for different encounter/event
use cases using a combination of these generic templates. The data gathered
in any event is grouped together under episodes and events using the
virtual folder service.

This approach ensures the generic nature of the platform, while maintaining
it's extensibility over time. It also helps us contain the proliferation of
templates and keeps our library of commonly used stored queries to a
manageable level.

May be there are other better approaches than either of these that are
already being used by others. I feel the approach to choose will depend
upon the requirements and so maintaining flexibility for the implementer
will be crucial.

regards
Dileep V S
*Founder*
HealtheLife Ventures LLP
m: +91 9632888113
a: 106, Innovation Centre, IIIT, Electronics City, Bangalore 560100
w: <http://ayushehr.com>ehr.network, <http://ehr.network>ayushehr.com
<http://ayushehr.com> e: dil...@healthelife.in