Dear All

Sorry, I have been out of touch over the Xmas - great surf on the east
coast! This may be old ground?

This conversation is sounding a little like a technical solution rather than
a pragmatic solution. My response is that both solutions are required - a
fetal record (rare) and fetal recordings in the maternal record.

The fetal heart rate is an example of a measurement that is NOT the mother
that is appropriate for the maternal record - and I do not think that anyone
is going to start a fetal record for this value.

Philippe is right - fetal scans will sometimes (rarely) have implications
for the future child and will need to be copied to that record in the
future.

I do not think that linking between records will be an acceptable approach -
although it is attractive technically - as it will pose a lot of privacy
issues that the public are not ready for at this stage - neither am I
frankly!

Applications can clearly link the records as they wish with the appropriate
access controls. The scenario of not having family history records but
rather a set of links to all relatives records is not tenable in the current
environment and should not be proposed as a solution at this stage. The fact
that openEHR would allow this technically is not a problem.

I will read on in this thread....Sam

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org