Gerard Freriks wrote:

>I want to separate CEN from HL7. With CEN we focus on Documents with
>narrative in a structured form either stored or transported between persons.
>HL7 (v2 and v3) are about messages exchanged between databases for logistics
>purposes. They contain no real narrative.

This last statement is important - most HL7 messages are not likely to
be the result or recording the dialogue of clinician/patient, or the
clinician's own thinking; they are about recording
intended/proposed/occurred events in the system, i.e. as Gerard says,
logistical messages. These are two different functions, and if this is
not understood properly, the industry is indeed going to have a hard
time a) knowing how to use standards and b) knowing how to build systems.

- thomas beale

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org