Rong Chen wrote:

> Thanks, Sam! Please see my comments below.
>
> Sam Heard wrote:
>

>> Rong
>>
>> This is an important consideration - especially if we are to get the
>> event right. We have recently been moving away from offset to a
>> datetime stamp for the items in the history - as this is easier and
>> more realistic for summary data over a long period.
>

> Good to know that, I guess it will perhaps appear in the CR list soon.

actually, the current model has an offset in each event, not the
absolute time. This makes it easy to archetype, since you almost always
want to archetype offsets like 1, 2, 5 mins in apgar, or 30 mins,
1h45mins in GTT. If we replace EVENT.offset: DV_DURATION with
EVENT.time: DV_DATE_TIME, then archetyping it becomes harder - how do
you constrain the date_time to be a certain offset from the origin?
Actually, you can do it in ADL archetypes - and completely formally -
using invariants - you have to write an invariant which mathematically
relates the origin of the HISTORY (actuall, the EVENT_SERIES) object and
the time of each event. But this makes it somewhat harder to define -
less obvious, and also harder to implement - it means that invariant
pasing and runtime processing have to be working.

>> With this change - you want to find and label the 1 minute, 5 minute
>> and 10 minute Apgars - as the absolute time has no meaning.
>>
>> The Editor allows you to constrain the run time name of the event.
>

> My impression is that archetype can't constrain more than what
> reference information model can provide. In this case, there is no
> attribute "name" in the class EVENT, so it's not going to help very
> much even the archetype editor allows you to assign a name to EVENT.
> Maybe I got it wrong?

no you got it right. I have raised a CR in your name (= induction into
openEHR hall of fame;-) to make EVENT inherit from LOCATABLE.

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org