I'm not sure if it makes sense. Because:

Calcution DOC using DOD is not a secret. So the father can easily
calculate DOC back, if your intention is to provide some level of privacy.
And you are assuming, father will not see this information at the
application level, but at the raw data level.
Also, you must keep conceptional age confidential, since it's expressed in
weeks for a long time.

Ergin Soysal, MD

> Bill Walton wrote:
>

>>It seems to me, although I'm not a physician, that there are, or we might
>>learn that, there are medical problems that crop up later in life that
>> are
>>related to whether or not a person was born full-term or not.  If so, or
>> it
>>it's a possibility, then perhaps that needs to be recorded.  Is there
>> some
>>sort of problem, either technical or philosophical, with recording both
>> DOB
>>and [estimated] DOC?
>>

> Sam says that rather than estimated DOC, estimated date of delivery
> should be actually recorded, since if a DOC is estimated then recorded
> and it turns out that e.g. the father was known to still be in Canada
> that week on business, it can create all kinds of problems - when the
> explanation is probably compltely innocent. So he suggests that
> estimated DOC should be always computed from estimated DOD, rather than
> being stored. But the result is the same at the application level - a
> 0-offset age from the (approximate) moment of conception (for those
> patients for whom this is relevant obviously).
>
> - thomas
>

> -
> If you have any questions about using this list,
> please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org

Pleksus Bili?im Teknolojileri
http://www.pleksus.com.tr
Tel: +90 (312) 435 5343