Hi Sam,

To be honnest, I must confess that we certainly have to work a lot on
workflow, as a global process "goals for patient's safe become action
plan for him and members of his/her health team".

We have worked so far in two domains : health goals and drug prescription.

Health goal : a health goal is "something that should be done at a given
time or at given intervals" or even a biometrical data that should
remain in a specific range.
If you want I can write a web page with an accurate description of the
whole model ; I can already give you some details :
- 3 semantic concepts are involved : action starting time, action ending
time and biometrical value
- for each of these concepts, we can set a "target" :
red|yellow|green|blue|green|yellow|red
    blue means the ideal period/biometrical interval
    green is good (just too early or too late (or too low or too high)
to be ideal)
    yellow is not good
    red is bad (clearly outside references)
6 semantical concepts are needed for a target (the pipes symbols of
red|yellow|green|blue|green|yellow|red), for example "min ideal starting
time", "max ideal starting time" and so on. Since we have 3 kind of
targets (start, end, value), it means we get 18 semantical concepts.
For a given goal, you can perfectly just use a subset of these concepts,
for example you can suppose that only the starting moment is usefull,
and that the target is of the kind yellow|green|yellow.
So, for a goal, we can define :
- goal opening date and goal closing date (for example from 40 to 75
years old)
- goal targets (start, end, value)
- goal type : once, cyclic, always ; once for goals of the kind
"preventive colonoscopy at 40 years old", cyclic for "BMI measurement
every month", always is currently only for drugs

For drug prescription, I must check the model ; it is complex since drug
pescription involves cycles into cycles (for example 2 times a day, two
days a week), so we have worked on a circadian cycle inside another cycle.

Cheers,

Philippe

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org