Rahil Qamar wrote:

> Hi Alfonso
>
> I can answer one of your questions for certain and am not very sure
> about another one.
>
> Alfonso Mata wrote:
>
>> - Is it possible to obtain a XML-Schema based on 13606 from an ADL file?
>>

> You can obtain an XML representation of the ADL Archetype from the
> Archetype Editor but not an XML Schema. Atleast not at the moment.
> However Im trying to write out a schema based on the UML Archetype
> Object Model. Its not proving to be an easy task is all I can say ! I've
> done one version of  the schema but its far from perfect to generate a
> sensible XML. If you are interested in doing some work on this we could
> collaborate.

There are some less heavy ways of doing XML rule checking that
avoid most of the irrational intricacies of the W3C Schema.
Did you ever explore
Jim Clark's RelaxNG for schema validation of XML structures,
and
Schematron for rules involving Co-occurance relationships.

That might be a way to go.

--
Gavin Brelstaff - BioMedical Area, CRS4 in Sardinia
Loc. Pixina Manna Edificio 1,

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org