I've been looking at schematron for doing the "equivalent" of archetype in
a more general situation, particularly since there as been no ADL parser
available in Java.   Schematron seems to be reasonably popular for
enforcing rules for XML data structures and there is a variety of software
available for using it.

Dave

--
David Forslund