Ed:

 > On the other hand, I find that messaging still has its place

Yes. HL7 is not just interested in clinical records and logical record
architecture but also in capturing healthcare processes, both
administrative and clinical. "messages" is simply the way that we
describe the agreed processes. Increasingly, we will be migrating to a
services-based language to describe the processes.

Hugh:

well put.

We will need to search for a productive way forward so that
instead of looking across the technical gulf at each others
strengths and trying to decide whether to critise, we can
actually share strengths.

Grahame