Hi Thilo,

The current performance would make it cumbersome to use it in a productive
environment,  but it will be great as a prototyping and demonstrating tool.
Clinicians can judge the value/completeness of archetypes and templates much
better, if they see them as a working GUI. Your framework seems to be very
suited for that.

In fact I used the framework to show the archetype concept, something like
"archetypes in action".

I will try to get a small template running locally on my computer sometime this
week. I will report my experience back to the list. Maybe this helps to decide
how the community can leverage your work.

Great! let me know if you need some help.

A couple of questions to start (Cave: Will possibly bug you with more questions
in the process):
- Does it matter what version of grails I use?

Now it works only on Grails 1.1.1, you can read the installation page on the
wiki:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcode.google.com%2Fp%2Fopen-ehr-gen-framework%2Fwiki%2FInstalacion

You can use google traductor to translate the spanish pages and docs.

- Can I use the in-memory DB HSQLDB for testing? Or should I set it up with
MySQL.

Yes, you can use HSQLDB, you can configure it in
grails-app/conf/DataSource.groovy:
http://code.google.com/p/open-ehr-gen-framework/source/browse/trunk/open-ehr-gen/grails-app/conf/DataSource.groovy,
 just uncomment this 2 lines:

// dbCreate = "create-drop" // one of 'create', 'create-drop', 'update'
// url = "jdbc:hsqldb:mem:devDB"
and comment the MySQL config.

- By looking at your proprietary templates it seems you determine a root
archetype (usually of type SECTION) and the included archetypes (each is either
fully included --> 'includeAll="true"' or only a subset --> specified by one or
several paths). Is this generally correct?

Yes, it's correct. All the template roots are SECTION or ENTRY, and each EHR
domain have only one COMPOSITION that record all the data for all it's
templates. You can see in Config.groovy we have a trauma domain, an emergency
domain, etc. We want to improve that to define multiple COMPOSITION templates
to one domain.

Cheers,
Pablo.