From: Thomas Beale <thomas.be...@oceaninformatics.com>
To: For openEHR technical discussions <openehr-technical at openehr.org>
Sent: Fri, Oct 22, 2010 9:19 pm
Subject: Re: Articles on Healthcare, Complexity, Change, Process, IT and the
role of openEHR etc

    Hi Derek,

    it is very simple. Not being an official standard has been a real
problem for government agencies, obsessed with official standards.

    - thomas beale

    On 22/10/2010 17:12, Derek Meyer wrote:

Tony,

        This is very impressive piece of work.  Every since I first came
across openEHR I have intuitively felt that it is closer to the
'solution' than more static attempts at standardization. So why        is
progress so slow? I've appplied some lateral thinking to        this, and come
up with what many people on this list may (at        best) think contrarian -
but at the risk of being flamed....

        The Case for NPfIT 2.0 www.nationalhealthexecutive.com page
52-53.

        (I'll go get my hard hat now...)

        Best wishes,

        Derek.

        On 22/10/10, "Shannon Tony (Leeds            Teaching Hospitals NHS