Sorry about the Eiffel slur J

Cheers, Sam

From: openehr-technical-boun...@lists.openehr.org
[mailto:openehr-technical-bounces at lists.openehr.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Beale
Sent: Monday, 19 March 2012 8:18 AM
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: openEHR / FHIR data types cross analysis

Actually, Eiffel has nothing to do with it (I wrote my own date/time
libraries based on ISO 8601 semantics). What I am influenced by is what I
see in CKM and other repositories.

openEHR CKM

NEHTA CKM

On 18/03/2012 21:00, Sam Heard wrote:

Hi

This is an interesting discussion. It seems that we might have hit the issue
of defining data types independent of a reference model. In a reference
model we do want to know that there are a limited set of types (formally
expressed) that can be used at any point.

I was influenced by the discussion at CIMI that demonstrated this.

So the sort of textural elements you have within the datatypes that allow
someone to say Autumn for datetime (HumanDate) are probably best dealt with
in models where that is appropriate and with a suitable set of
terminologies.

An uncertain datetime is better for processing than a text (soon after my
mother died). There is no doubt about the usefulness of the text, just that
it does not belong in a date field.

The FHIR may be suitable for messages at this point in time, if so, it is
easy to port information to this.

Let's keep this thread alive and get a little broader input. Thomas is
influenced by Eiffel, Grahame by XML. Most developers will probably sit
somewhere in between in terms of requirements for rigor.

Cheers, Sam