for those interested, I have been spending this month with Dr Stan
Huff's group at Intermountain Health in Salt lake City. I have at least
a dozen potential change requests / issues for openEHR. Mostly small,
but important in their way. That has come from the evidence of their
systems, and our performing a cross-review during this month. The
comparison has shown that we (i.e. openEHR and Intermountain) have
essentially the same multi-level modelling system, with different
details. Plus I have learned a lot in terms of their design philosophy
and thinking.

Essentially we can think of these as distilled wisdom/lessons from
various incarnations of Stan's leading edge 3M/ASN.1 environment over 15
years, up to the most recent, the Qualibria system using 'CDL' (the ADL
equivalent).

I'll put these into the openEHR Jira SPEC-PR issue tracker for everyone
to see over the next couple of weeks, plus on the mailing lists for more
general things I have learned here.

The new openEHR Spec programme should get up and running in the next few
weeks, which will mean that people here who want to nominate for working
on the various specs (i.e. working toward openEHR v2.0) should have a
think about doing that. The governance details are mostly worked out, so
it just needs people.

I know some people feel that the specs have not been changing for too
long (myself included) but on the other hand, they have stood up
amazingly well over the last few years, and we have a huge amount of
industry knowledge accumulated, most of which I think is captured on the
PR issue tracker, and at least on the mailing lists. Also, we have a
pretty decent ADL/AOM 1.5 spec, which needs community review. AQL has
also been implemented a number of times and heavily used now, and has
held up very well. There are things to change there, based on its use in
industry.

So, soon we can start on getting a new version of openEHR... it will be
a great opportunity I think, to include the clinical and technical
lessons available to us in the next generation platform. The community
here is wide-ranging and has a huge amount of knowledge... time to use it!