Hi,

I must repeat the scope of 13606 verbatim once more.
It is NOT only for messaging but also for Interfaces

Gerard Freriks
+31 620347088
gf...@luna.nl <mailto:gf...@luna.nl>

Scope
This standard is for the communication of part or all of the electronic health
record (EHR) of a single identified subject of care between EHR systems, or
between EHR systems and a centralised EHR data repository.

It may also be used for EHR communication between an EHR system or repository
and clinical applications or middleware components (such as decision support
components) that need to access or provide EHR data.

This standard will predominantly be used to support the direct care given to
identifiable individuals, or to support population monitoring systems such as
disease registries and public health surveillance. Uses of health records for
other purposes such as teaching, clinical audit, administration and reporting,
service management, research and epidemiology, which often require
anonymisation or aggregation of individual records, are not the focus of this
standard but such secondary uses might also find the standard useful.

This Part 1 of the multipart standard is an Information Viewpoint specification
as defined by the Open Distributed Processing – Reference model (ISO/IEC
10746). This standard is not intended to specify the internal architecture or
database design of EHR systems.