Hi Peter,
The Archie-Toolkit looks promising.

I tried to parse one of the archetypes from the CKM (BloodPressure) and tried to parse the exported ADL. However, I got a Exception when trying this because the exported ADL does not seem to be parseable:
line 1:24 mismatched input '1.4' expecting VERSION_ID
line 2:1 mismatched input 'openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.blood_pressure.v1' expecting ARCHETYPE_HRID

With the exported XML and the try to unmarshal the XML with the JAXBUtil I also did not succeed. Is there somewhere a testcase were I can see a working example of a parsed ADL String ?

Greetings
Georg

Hello George,

If you are looking for something to handle ADL 2 archetypes - the most recent version -, have a look at https://github.com/opener/archie . It is a java library that can parse archetypes, flatten and validate  them, create operational templates and more.

Are you using the openehr reference model, or something else like fihr?

Although Archie can parse and serialize archetypes in XML, archetypes are usually stored as ADL. This is a custom more readable format. Of course you can then easily convert it to XML or Json to work with them in other tools where you do not have an ADL parser ready.

Note that for ADL 2 as far as I know there is no official XSD released yet, so it is possible you run into compatibility problems with XML. For ADL 1.4 this is not a problem.

Regards,

Pieter Bos