Raphaël Valyi wrote:
We already made it clear months ago we offer the Gimp logo of openerpbrasil.org http://www.openerpbrasil.org/images/logo.jpg to any other local community that want it (a few like the Dutch community asked us). At some point we like the idea of a common logo showing a global commitment/strength/momentum behind OpenERP. For the rest of the CMS, it's not as obvious for us we can give it away, but we can certainly discuss it when local community representatives have our trust.
About logos, OpenERP S.A. proposed not long ago using something like this (change "Spanish" to "Dutch", etc.):

We already used variants of such logo on the Spanish localization project.

It's not the most beautiful logo, but it's already 'official' (that doesn't means that communities cant add their own logos [your's looks good for me!], but we should use this 'official' logos too).

Finally something very important we had to fight against: we wanted the localization project to be a neutral entry point. For us, integrator neutrality was even way more important than features. What we wanted to avoid are pseudo community portals such as www.openerp-france.fr or www.openerp.net.br that look community oriented but are in fact the mail trap of a single bastard integrator. We didn't want that to happen in Brasil and got to fight hard to prevent it. We hope the real local OpenERP communities aren't hijacked in other countries, we think OpenERP S.A. could weight a bit to avoid people hijacking their image too since this is what happens in this case: people that have nothing to do, no experience and will likely fail any project they try are using their name/logo to trap their victims.
That's why Carlos is proposing to use xxx.openerp.com URLs to point to the main community portals (for example http://br.openerp.com would be just an alias for http://www.openerpbrasil.org). That would mean that:
  • The 'official' community portal would be ranked a bit better by search indexes (Google, Bing), that would mean that users would find the neutral communities before the pseudo-communities.
  • If some community portal becomes 'hijacked', OpenERP S.A. could just point the URL to another web any-time.
  • It would be easier to find other countries communities :)

--
Borja López Soilán
borj...@pexego.es

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es

AVISO LEGAL - CLÁUSULA DE PRIVACIDAD
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es usted el destinatario indicado, queda informado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.