Hello everyone,

There are two important topics here:
1.- being able to identify the official OpenERP communities
2.- helping new local communities in the setup of their community portal

1.- Identifying the local OpenERP communities

As you probably already heard, we plan to launch a new OpenERP.com website soon. One of the main ideas is to make the important information easier to find, and add what's missing. This is a great opportunity to give an official status for the local OpenERP communities. In order to do so we propose to provide official logos for the communities, but most importantly to display the list of communities on the website, with the relevant links and info (similarly to what partners will have)

This will not only increase their visibility but also make it very easy to distinguish the real ones.

As I discussed with the Spanish community in Bilbao, it would also be very easy to setup a DNS alias for each community in the openerp.com domain.
I propose the following pattern:
   xx.communities.openerp.com

(xx being a unique code for the community, usually the country code)
I'd rather not have it directly at xx.openerp.com in case we need to use this scheme for translations of the website.

If that looks good to you, feel free to post the IP or Hostname you want the DNS record to be aliased to for your community.

2.- Local communities portals

It would be great to be able to offer a common platform for all local communities. However there is quite a difference between a simple portal (CMS/wiki/forum), and an integrated platform.

Setting up a portal only takes a few hours, but it's already a lot more work if OpenERP SA has to host/setup all of this centrally, and it's also a different job (Web Hosting). So this is one area where we need the power and help of community members at the moment, as we really need to concentrate on releasing v6, I'm sure everyone agrees.

As for a real integrated platform, it sounds great, but my feeling is that it would not be as easy to develop as it looks. In any case, I'm afraid we have to postpone this option until after the release of v6.
Of course if someone in the community wants to work on it, then for
sure we would welcome it and can advertise it as a bootstrap for other communities, for example on the "Local Communities" of the new website.

Raphael's email is an interesting move in this direction from the Brazilian community.

I hope this clarifies things a bit for everyone...