Will Ross wrote:
> joseph, molly, tim, et. al.,
>
> yes, kudos, etc, but i don't understand the meeting process let alone
> "posting" for the meeting or the founding membership categories.
> i'm sorry for being slow, but the user interface for oshca v2.0 is
> not intuitive.

1) If you wish to be recorded as a founding member of OSHCA on the
registration documents which Molly and Juliana will be submitting to the
appropriate authorities in Malaysia, then fill out the form at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/openhealth/files/oshca_inaugural-meeting_notice.sxw
and email it to Molly and Joseph Dal Molin as per the instructions in
the form. The form commits you to paying the membership fees at a later
date when suitable payment processes are in place.

2) If you wish to "speak" to the meeting, just post a message to this
list during the next 21 hours or so (until 23:59 GMT 25 April 2006), but
please:

a) prefix "OSHCA Inaugural Meeting" to the subject of your message; and

b) restrict the topic of your message(s) to the items listed in the
meeting agenda which appears in the above document and is reproduced here:

Agenda:
Formation of OSHCA
1.Adoption of Resolutions
2.Election of OSHCA Committee
3.Adoption of OSHCA Constitution
4.Registration of OSHCA
5.Members' registration information

I agree that the meeting process is a bit clunky and unfamiliar, but it
will suffice to bootstrap OSHCA as an official organisation. Once OSHCA
has its own server (to which the oshca.org domain will point) it should
be easy to set up better facilities for virtual meetings, secure
exchange of documents, wikis for collaborative development of policies
and initiatives and even authenticated online voting for resolutions and
so on. But the current process of meeting by email is good enough to get
things started, I feel. Discussion of OSHCA web server(s) is not on the
agenda for today's meeting, so I don't think it should be discussed
further as part of the meeting, but it should be high on the agenda for
the first post-registration-of-OSHCA meeting.

Tim C