Yes, thank you.  It does clarify things.
I think we all need to understand the difference between an open
standard and open software.
If I understand correctly, your software is based on an open standard
that anyone can use for interoperability.  This is good.  The software
itself to access this open standard can be open source or closed but
since the standard is open, there is no barrier to anyone using the
server or the information.  They can use your software or write their own.
Did I get this right?

/Mark