Hello,

I write to you as member of the Technical Sub Committee (TC) in
preparation of the OSHCA conference. The TC is to determine conference
topics and find speakers. Another aim is to find experts/ trainers for
a couple of sessions on Open Source Software in Healthcare, that mainly
Asian developers will take part in.

So far, the conference agenda suggests that interoperability among
applications could be the main underlying goal. It lists these topics:
- Presentation of FOSS applications in healthcare
- Review of current technologies in healthcare software
- Exploration of standards for interoperability/ health communication
- Discussing issues on FOSS in Healthcare

My questions to the readers of this list are:
1 Which of the applications in this list would want to be presented?
2 What technologies should be compared (PostgreSQL vs. MySQL etc.)?
3 What standards should get introduced?
4 Who would give a talk related to an issue in healthcare software?

There seems to be serious interest in Asia to learn from our projects,
and to participate in the development/ enhance our applications.

Ideally, OSHCA conferences will one day be something that nobody in
the domain wants to miss. But until then, we have to give it our
particular support and make it something worth visiting.
This is the second trial to get this thing (OSHCA) going.
It needs our collaboration. So please share your thoughts with us!

Thanks,
Christian