Data.gov looks like a good start but there really isn't very much
health data there.  I searched the "Health and Nutrition" category and
it only came up with 61 records.  Most of these were Medicare spending
reports for various time periods.
I know the government collects a lot more data than this and it should
be on this site.

.Mark