On 10/11/11 01:59 AM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
Alasdair, thank you.  I apologize for my intemperate language.  The
frustration at people's apparent inability to get the point I was trying to
make doesn't justify it.

The message was to everyone who contributed to the thread going way way off topic.

The topic was "Help with website" and somehow we got onto "X vs Y". Let's keep it focused on the former and not the latter.

The mission statement behind OI is to make it really good OS that's easy to use for newcomers whilst not sacrificing quality or our Solaris heritage. Nobody is obliged to use OI, nor is OI ideologically better or worse than any other OS. It occupies a unique space in the unixsphere. That's the end of the discussion.

If you want to discuss things further, create a new thread for it. Don't hijack existing threads. That's standard mailing list etiquette.