On 11/22/2013 1:35 AM, Stefan Müller-Wilken wrote:
Hi Rainer,

Yep. Didn't work for me, as I need the system to boot right into a
networking state. Like all of the NWAM documentation I found, I had to
log in before the networking came up.

what do you mean by 'boot into a networking state'? Simply boot and configure a
static network address without your intervention? And we're talking about
oi_158a installed to a disk and booting via GRUB? That should work!

Can you give me the output of ...

# svcs -xv
# svcs nwam
# nwamcfg list
# nwamadm list

Well, I'm right back to square 1. network-admin *will not* run without NWAM enabled. Started from the System->Administration menu, it starts up the GUI but the pointer just spins and the whole tool is ghosted. Started from the command-line, It segfaults complaining about GLib-GObject error.

I consider this being an NWAM-only tool to be a major bug.

To answer Stefan's request:
svcs -xv
(blank)

svcs nwam
Disabled

nwamcfg list
NCPs:
    Automatic
Locations:
    Automatic
    NoNet
    User

nwamadm
    Won't run unless NWAM is enabled.

This is what I would expect with NWAM disabled. But I explicitly do *not* want to use NWAM.

As a side note, network/physical:default _does_ bring up my secondary interface e1000g1, which will be used for my two SunRays. e1000g0 is supposed to be 192.168.0.1, while e1000g1 comes up correctly as 192.168.1.6.

Rainer

... and, if you're using the automatic profile and your NCU is e1000g0 (modify
it otherwise) the output of:

# nwamcfg "select ncp automatic; select ncu ip e1000g0; list -a"

Cheers
  Stefan.

Mind the Gap
Web: http://www.dragonhearth.com