The idea of a JFX Sightings page (in the tradition of the Swing Sightings page)
has been raised before and I think is a good one.

It deserves it's own page though, that technet section isn't up to it in my
opinion.

Personally I think this would be great under the fxexperience site as it
partners nicely with the links of the week?

On 28/07/2013, at 4:17 AM, Pedro Duque Vieira <pedro.duquevie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have an Swing/JavaFX app, the site is: http://modellus.co
>
> How can I get it to be on that real world usecases section? Or does it not
> have the necessary requirements to be in it?
>
> Thanks, best regards,
>
> @John: On the JavaFx community site they have a section with references to
>> real world usecases.
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javafx/community/index.html
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM, John C. Turnbull <ozem...@ozemail.com.au
>>> wrote:
>>> Like Daniel said, none of what we say is in any way a criticism of the
>>> JavaFX development team who, in my view and that of the entire community,
>>> are doing an awesome job.
>>>

>>> For mine, all the shortcomings of JavaFX (perceived or actual) can be
>> blown
>>> away if I could just demonstrate what JavaFX is really capable of.
>>>

>>> We have Ensemble from Oracle and also Ensemble from JFXtras (whose demo
>>> incidentally doesn't run since Java 7 Update 21).  With Oracle Ensemble
>> we
>>> can see that JavaFX has quite a nice set of basic controls and that it at
>>> least supports very simple animations.  With JFXtras Ensemble we can see
>>> that very nice controls are possible but unfortunately many of these are
>> of
>>> a rather "whimsical" nature and not the kind of control you would use in
>>> everyday business apps.
>>>

>>> What else is there?
>>>

>>> Of course we have rock stars like Gerrit Grunwald who frequently post
>>> awesome controls and code snippets but we really need something that
>> brings
>>> it altogether in a kick-arse showcase.  Preferably a whole suite of
>> killer
>>> apps that highlights everything JavaFX is capable of.
>>>

>>> Yes, that would require a lot of effort but IMHO it is absolutely worth
>> it.
>>> Without it, people like me really struggle to sell JavaFX or even get a
>>> handle on its true potential.  I can promise people that more advanced
>>> things are "possible" but given that they write the cheques, they need to
>>> see it for themselves.
>>>

>>> And how about a website of JavaFX reference sites?  There must be big
>>> companies out there using it right?
>>>

>>> In the end it doesn't matter if I personally see enormous potential for
>>> JavaFX if I cannot convince others to see what I see.
>>>

>>> -jct

>>> T12 (8 +0ms): Layout Pass
>>> T12 (47 +53ms): Waiting for previous rendering
>>> T12 (100 +1ms): Copy state to render graph
>>> T10 (101 +16ms): Dirty Opts Computed
>>> T10 (117 +105ms): Painted