+1 on this. I don't see why having an exact copy of the look and feel of
the OS has to be mandatory. You can see a lot of apps on ios that use
controls that don't mimic the look and feel of the OS and yet look and feel
great, in fact I would say the best looking apps are the ones that don't
mimic the exact look and feel of the OS. There are even apps that go as far
as not having any controls or looking way off the regular look of the OS
and that are amongst the best looking apps.

That and the fact that there is a lot of criticism around the new look and
feel presented on iOS 7 (lacking affordances, etc) makes this IMO a non
issue.

I think the real issue is in having controls that currently do not exist in
javafx, like for instance: a toggle button (a control that looks like a
flip switch), comboboxes where you change the value through a wheel, etc..
and in having controls that have the necessary properties so that they can
be "touchable".

Regards,

--
Pedro Duque Vieira