BitBucket supports generation of patches from pull requests. My suggestion was that community members who wanted to use BitBucket to collaborate and / or easily keep their work current with the repo could do so, and when they create their pull request, they can have bitbucket generate the patch file for submission 'the old fashioned way'.

-- Jonathan