On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Tobias Bley <t...@ultramixer.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> currently our experiences with JavaFX on Mac are very disappointing. While
> JavaFX on Windows runs very good with low cpu usage, JavaFX on Mac via
> Java 8 doesn’t perform well. I created a little clock app which uses
> between 25% and 80% cpu usage. But what’s the reason for? I though JavaFX
> rendering pipeline works on the graphic device? So why there is such a
> traffic on the CPU?

Hi,

I had the exact same experience with a super-simple app that just animates
a circle and was not able to get it to run smoothly on the Mac at least not
for window sizes that were not very small and cpu load was also much higher
than expected for an app that only does things which I thought were
accelerated.

See https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8088396

Doesn't look very encouraging.

Cheers,