Be wary of selection bias
<http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/01/21/selection-bias-and-bombers/> when
asking advice from us on this list. I would advocate a feature based on who
*isn’t* using JavaFX: WebAssembly browser support.

JavaFX is great if you need to build a battleship class app - something big and
specialized enough that devs don’t mind packaging/signing/deployment issues and
users don’t mind downloads and security issues. It’s not as attractive for
smaller scale apps. And most battleship class apps start as smaller apps.

With very little resources, I was able to use a JavaFX/Swing based UI kit and
TeaVM to build apps that run on the desktop and in the browser. I would think
Oracle would be able to nail this with moderate effort - particularly with
WebAssembly coming out this year. Hire/buy the TeaVM guy - he’s brilliant.

The JavaFX team has done something like this before: JavaFXPackager - a feature
so useful and needed that it became part of the whole system. I’m not sure we
need new table features or such. If someone is going to write a spreadsheet,
they’d be better off rolling their own super-table, etc.

        http://reportmill.com/snaptea/BusyBox/

jeff