Thanks guys - that sounds like a good "angle" to approach this :-;

I too suspected that Windows and poor OpenGL support was at the heart of the
matter after the decades-long "API Wars". I just didn't realise that OpenGL on
Windows was that inferior/buggy to Direct3D (by design, of course!).

I will start investigating and I definitely agree that it's not really just
about WebView, although that's a good first candidate.

I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that it has only been community members who
have replied on this important issue. Surely my mission will be easier if
Oracle guide and assist me...

Graciously,

John-Val Rose