> On Jun 1, 2018, at 5:01 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schi...@bestsolution.at> wrote:
>
> On 01.06.18 08:01, Michael Ennen wrote:
>> Re-familiarizing myself with what javapackager offers, it seems the
>> following JavaFX related
>> features are present:
>>
>> 1.) The conversion of CSS to binary CSS
>> 2.) The ability to specify a preloader
>> 3.) the ability to specify the JavaFX Application class
>>
>> The first one seems like a bit of feature-creep and could be replaced by
>> some other build
>> tool if third party developers really need that feature. They could
>> probably even use something
>> like maven-exec-plugin to manually call such a converter. Let's set this
>> one aside, then.
>>
>> The second and third one are important for correctly launching a JavaFX
>> application. I would
>
> on 2.: What is a preloader good for if you launch a local application?
> IMHO it only really made sense for Webstart
>
> on 3. Why? All you need to do is to provide a main-method and you are
> good to go.

+1, I have only used a main method that simply calls launch(args).  I never
understood why there was a need for special launching of JavaFX apps.

At one point I thought of using a preloaded for a splash screen because
sometimes I have an application that needs to initialize a lot of plugins, so
there is a significant startup time, but it isn’t worth it.  The main method
launches fast enough.

Scott