Well yes, that is actually a very important point.
While one can do that easily, that does not mean everyone will do it.

I typically counter the "JavaFX is slow" bashing with "JavaFX allows you to
create high-performance applications, but it also allows you to create very
slow ones".

It is actually much easier to create an application that starts up slower.
In most cases, that can be fixed by refactoring, but at the very least
developers should then have a clue on what to refactor.

A splash screen is not a generic solution for performance problems, but it
can be an easy fix in case much time is spent in <clinit> methods.

- Johan