Yes, my only comment was that if we can get a window up using standard Java
GUI frameworks fast enough, then the complexity of adding splashscreen
support to the launcher isn't justified.
Mario's example shows that is it 1-2 seconds to get a window up.  That is a
bit high.  If it was under 1s then I would suggest not bothering, it isn't,
so keep it on the list of desired features.

Scott