On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 23:11:20 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> High-level comments:
>>
>> 1. The API docs look good. If you change the public API to `@since 16` then
>> you can also update the CSR and move it to
>> the "Submitted" state. 2. I think it would be good to cleanup the
>> performance test and make it part of this PR, maybe
>> in `tests/performance` (which currently only has the not-very-useful
>> `VMPerformance` subdir) or `tests/manual`. 3. We
>> need some functional tests, ideally automated ones in `tests/system`
>> I also left a few inline comments. I haven't reviewed the shaders yet, so I
>> do that, in addition to further testing,
>> next week.
>
>> 1. The API docs look good. If you change the public API to `@since 16` then
>> you can also update the CSR and move it to
>> the "Submitted" state.
>
> I moved it to the PROPOSED state.
>
>> 2. I think it would be good to cleanup the performance test and make it part
>> of this PR, maybe in `tests/performance`
>> (which currently only has the not-very-useful `VMPerformance` subdir) or
>> `tests/manual`.
>
> I added it under `tests/performance`.
>
>> 3. We need some functional tests, ideally automated ones in `tests/system`
>
> What should this test do? Which example should I follow?
>
> By the way, The `tests` project is broken in Eclipse because several source
> folders, like `tests\system\src\testapp6`,
> define their own `module-info.java`, and it's illegal in Eclipse to have
> several of these in a project. To have the
> tests there compile, the Eclipse files will need to be updated.

Given that we don't have any automated tests for lighting (we have a couple
that verify that we can take a snapshot and
get the same result, but that isn't testing the lighting itself), probably the
most we can expect is a simple test of a
large quad with a light fairly close to the object, such that the difference
with / without attenuation is noticeable.
Then you could sample the center and near the corners of the object for both
the attenuated and unattenuated cases.